Frank Ambrosio Forster built his mansion in 1909. Train & Williams, a prominent Los Angeles architectural firm, designed the house in the Mission Revival style.
For years the mansion was the social hub of the Capistrano Valley. Townspeople flocked to gala barbeques and piano recitals hosted by the Forster family. The house is steeped in local history and lore that includes a resident cigar-smoking ghost.